Reduce Stress Naturally with Essential Oils
Everybody wants to achieve that perfect work-life balance where they are always on top of things, moving through life with ease and contentment. In reality, most of us are likely to find ourselves frequently overwhelmed with things to do, which leads to stress. All of us experience stress at some point in our lives, and many others live with it for days at end. However, the good news is that with a few healthy changes to your lifestyle, you can reduce feelings of stress, and feel lighter and happier.
- Meditate: An overworked mind is full of anxious, fearful thoughts, and negativity. Finding a few moments during the day to clear your thoughts and contemplate in silence can be very helpful in calming the mind. Practicing meditation daily can help lighten a head heavy with stressful thoughts. You will also experience a sense of peace.
- Practice Mindfulness: Some of us simply focus all our energy and attention on finishing one task after another without actually paying attention to what is going around us. Caught in a hectic lifestyle, we are either obsessing about something from the past or worrying about the future. By paying attention to our thoughts, feelings, and environment at every moment, we will feel more connected with our lives, making us more appreciative of the present. Being mindful is also very helpful in relieving feelings of stress.
- Exercise: Staying active is another great option that helps manage stress levels. There is a very good reason for this: exercise helps increase the production of the neurotransmitters called endorphins in the brain. These feel-good chemicals act as natural painkillers, helping to counter stress levels in the body.
- Self-love: Sometimes we entertain thoughts of inadequacy and criticize ourselves harshly: we believe our efforts will never be sufficient, and we will always be lacking. This kind of toxic relationship with ourselves can create a stressful environment. Writing or chanting self-affirmations can be very helpful in creating a more positive space full of positive thoughts with no room for stress.
Essential Oils that Help Reduce Feelings of Stress:
doTERRA has several products that are very useful in promoting calm and relaxation. Here are my top picks:
- doTERRA Balance: The scent of this blend of seven essential oils is grounding. It helps balance emotions and eases anxious feelings. Wear a drop on the wrists or the hollow of the neck daily. You can also apply to the bottoms of your feet to help feel ‘grounded’.
- doTERRA Peace: doTERRA Peace is another blend that can help soothe anxious emotions. Diffusing 2-3 drops in your home or office can help create a calming and peaceful environment. I like to wear this blend as a perfume or on my jewelry made for applying essential oils.
- doTERRA Cheer: The fresh, spicy scent of Cheer is warming and reassuring. It will help counteract negative emotions, leaving you feeling cheerful and positive. This is a great blend to apply to a cotton ball and stick in your car vent.
- doTERRA Elevation: Another great blend that uplifts mood and revitalizes your senses. We recommend you mix it with a tablespoon of honey and add your bathwater. Soak in this luxurious bath and feel your day’s stressful emotions just melt away. Another great blend for your car.